7 Tips for headshots to update profile pictures
- Make sure you have a photo that looks like you. How many times have you looked at a profile picture and then met the person in real life to find they look totally different. I was so guilty of this because my profile picture was taken 10 years ago.
- Use a high resolution image.
- Make sure your face takes up most of the circle.
- Make sure it’s a photo of you only (not that cropped picture with your kids arm in the background)
- Use a solid or neutral background (photographer should know that)
- Wear what you wear on a typical at work day, solids not patterns (same as picture day at school)
- Smile and even show your teeth